Sunday, February 28, 2010

Minigolf Report – Gottfried 24th in the BMGA English Open in Bristol

28th February 2010
Press Information
For Immediate Release

Minigolf Report – Gottfried 24th in the BMGA English Open in Bristol


Luton Minigolfer Richard Gottfried finished in 24th place in a 34 player field in the British Minigolf Association’s second tournament of the season at the English Open held at the Jungle Rumble Indoor Adventure Golf in Bristol on Sunday 28th February.

The tournament was played over three 18-hole rounds and Birmingham’s Chris Harding picked up his second consecutive win of the season with a 54-hole score of 88(-20). Richard had a three-round total of 113(+5) which included scores of 41(+5), 36(par) and 36(par).

Richard said “After my 8th place finish in the National Open in Birmingham last month I wanted to at least finish in the top ten in Bristol, but it just wasn’t to be. To say I’m disappointed with 24th place is an understatement. I had a dire first round on the Jungle Course, and my two rounds on the Secret Swamp course were only OK. I’ve got some time to practice and work on some areas of my game before the next event, and I’ll be pushing for more top ten finishes and some wins again this season.”

The first editions of the updated 2010 BMGA Tour Ranking Lists will be published this week. Last season Richard finished 8th in the Season-only Rankings, and 16th in the Order of Merit.

Ends

No comments: