Monday, September 15, 2008

BMGA Players Championship & BMGA British Open

15th September 2008
Press Information
For Immediate Release

BMGA Players Championship
In the traditional warm-up to the British Open Richard & Emily Gottfried competed in the BMGA Players Championship at the Strokes Adventure Golf Course in Margate, Kent on Friday 12th September.

After a round of 43 (+7) Richard finished in 16th place of 31 players, while Emily’s 48 (+12) meant she finished in 23rd place. Neither player made the cut to the second Matchplay round.

Andy Exall from Tunbridge Wells took the title with a play-off win over Kent’s Sean Homer.

BMGA British Open
In the two-day BMGA British Open also held at Strokes Adventure Golf Course Emily just missed the cut for the second day after first day rounds of 50, 44, 46 and 42 for an average of 45.5 per round and a 182 (+38) total score. In total Emily scored 4 holes in one and finished in 44th place of the 64 strong field.

Emily said “It was a great competition, with a great atmosphere, and I was really pleased to be only six strokes off the qualifying score in my British Open debut.”

Richard fared better in the tournament and made the cut with rounds of 42, 43, 42 and 42 for a first day total of 169. In the 5th round Richard scored another 42, but ended the tournament with a personal best on the course of 38 (+2) to card a total of 249 (+33) and finish in 28th place. In total Richard achieve 12 holes in one.

Richard said “I was nothing if not consistent over most of my rounds and I was hitting plenty of Aces, but I hit too many threes as well and that just killed my game in the end. I am happy to have finished better than I did last year and the field was 20 players bigger this year.

He added “I’ll do better in the Kent Open here in November though as I know I can hit a hole in one on every hole and also where I now need to work on my game on this course.

Mattias Stahl of Sweden was the eventual winner with a 7 round total of 238 (-14).

Ends


No comments: