Sunday, July 26, 2015

Splash Point Open Mini Golf tournament report

Gottfried’s compete at the Splash Point Mini Golf Open in Worthing.

Leagrave minigolfers Richard and Emily Gottfried competed in the second-annual Splash Point Open minigolf tournament held at the 18-hole Splash Point Mini Golf course in Denton Gardens, Worthing on Saturday 25th July.

Competing in a 24-player field Richard shot rounds of 40, 44 and 36 for a 54-hole score of 120 to finish in 13th place overall.

Richard on the 18th hole at Splash Point Mini Golf

Emily finished in 17th place after rounds of 38, 42 and 48 for a total of 128.

Emily playing the 10th hole at Splash Point Mini Golf

The tournament was won by Oxford’s Michael Smith who defeated Hove’s Peter Emmerson in a sudden-death play-off after both players had scored totals of 100.

Richard said “I always enjoy visiting Worthing and Splash Point Mini Golf, even though it’s an incredibly tough course. After the terrible start to my second round I was pleased to shoot par on my final round.”

Emily said “Splash Point Mini Golf is a great course to play, with some very ace-able holes, but some which can be killers. I managed to go from one extreme to another, with a lot of holes-in-one, but some really bad hole scores as well. I let myself down on the final round but was happy with my first two rounds.”

No comments: